24.9.09

your mouth my words

tonight is the night of the poetry out loud performance. 4 of my poems will be read aloud on stage by actors. i am really not sure how i feel about it. i am really excited. i am hoping josh, the professor who taught my poetry class and got me writing again, got my email and is going to come. i think bungyecca is going with me. i am going to rush straight from my internship so i can make it in time. i think i would be more excited if the ones that inspired me where here, or if i could share this with someone who really cared and was excited for me.

the lonely crept from under the bed
even though you checked the closet
its prying off my toenails with your hangers
and eating me from the ankles up
i call your name and you
don't turn
your eyes slide to the back
of your haired skull
blink blink
turned away
my knees are gnawed
stomach acid tickles my toes
i hold onto your discard hat
and tear the seams
i am alone
and devoured

No comments: