4.9.09

my newest poem, I don't know how I feel about it, but it's me writing so that's an improvement:



your character and my bedside alarm

dump on me one more time
and fold your eyelids
you will be my favorite page
with the flaming skies and frozen
jaw stuck between a frown and a scream
blind and pisscovered i swallow you whole
living under my arm, i scoop you out
into the back of the toilet
a strange bird you are
with scaly arms not quite wings
you pull me under with you
when you don't want me
i wish to quit this
but the computer show
roars on in my cerebellum
whisper the headline past my neck
you lied to __
and __ knew it
__ held you anyway
the travelling puppet show explodes
into a coma induced laughter show
in your extra 20 lbs you found brilliance
and that ticket stub i handed you
that page, favorite of all, with charcoal
finger paths smudge on the teeth
i am __
and you are devoured
wishing away the hunger pains

No comments: