23.10.09

the odd couple

It was living in my retina. for about 7 years, 4 months, and 23 days, It lived in my retina. Its long legs and fur covered arms would stretch out in the mornings tickling my macula. while the streets leaked drunkard soles into the fish stench warehouse kitchens, It read the Times, safe behind my lid. Flipping through the Living section, It remembers why he packed the needle-nose pliers and the electric drill, with removable drill bits, before venturing into my optic region. Taking an afternoon swim to my tear duct and watching the sunset while resting on the iris, It feels alone, but pretends every look is actually for him. Every face is stolen from me, every pupil taking me in is somehow reappropriated to him. I could bathe in a sea of blue, brown, green, and hazel, but I'd fine that It would be there first, scratching my intials out of the golden specs. I kneel at night praying for a scratched cornea. Lasic surgery has improved my vision, but It spent the day hiding in my pupil. It thinks forever sounds like today and I rub the goop from my eyes praying for a torn fur limb. Forever is donating my eyes to science.

No comments:

past